Kingston Grange Bamboo Shirt Bush Tomato
KINGSTON GRANGE BAMBOO SHORT SLEEVE SHIRT
Care and Use Instructions: cold machine wash with like colours. Do not bleach, soak or rub
- Organically grown wild bamboo
- Loose fit
- Chest pocket
- Bamboo wood-look buttons
- Short Sleeve
65% Bamboo Fiber 35% Cotton
COLOUR - Bush Tomato
Do not tumble dry. Warm iron, Do not dry clean
Wanakiji Jukurrpa (Bush Tomato Dreaming)
The Wanakiji Jukurrpa (bush tomato [Solanum chippendalei] Dreaming) travels through Yaturlu (near Mount Theo, north of Yuendumu). “Wanakiji” grows in open spinifex country and is a small, prickly plant with purple flowers that bears green fleshy fruit with many small black seeds. After collecting the fruit the seeds are removed with a small wooden spoon called ‘kajalarra’. The fruit then can be eaten raw or threaded onto skewers called ‘turlturrpa’ and then cooked over a fire. ‘Wanakiji’ can also be skewered and left to dry. When they are prepared in this way it is called ‘turlturrpa’ and the fruit can be kept for a long time. In contemporary Warlpiri paintings traditional iconography is used to represent the Jukurrpa, particular sites and other elements. The Wanakiji Jukurrpa belongs to Napanangka/Napangardi women and Japanangka/Japangardi men.
Artist: Juliette Nakamarra Morris
- Delivery within Australia is free for orders over AUD$100. Orders under $100 will incur a $9.95 shipping fee.
- Delivery is via Australia Post standard and is typically 1-4 working days. Regional areas outside of metro areas, Western Australia and more remote regions may take longer.
- All orders for delivery outside of Australia will incur a flat rate fee of $25 AUD.
- Delivery is via Registered Post International and typically take 3 -10 working days dependent on the destination.
- For our full shipping policy, please click here.