Kingston Grange Bamboo Native Seed /
KINGSTON GRANGE BAMBOO Native Seed S/S
Ngurlu Jukurrpa (Native Seed Dreaming)
Nakamarra/Napurrurla women and Jakamarra/Jupurrurla men. The Jukurrpa is associated with a place called Jaralypari, north of Yuendumu. Lukarrara is a species of Fimbristylis, a grass that bears edible seeds in the winter-time. The seeds are traditionally ground on a large stone (‘puturlu’) with a smaller stone (‘ngalikirri’) to make flour. This flour is mixed with water (‘ngapa’) to make small seed cakes. In contemporary Warlpiri paintings traditional iconography is used to represent the Jukurrpa, particular sites and other elements. In paintings of this Jukurrpa large concentric circles are used to represent Jaralypari and dots surrounding these circles are often depicting the ‘ngurlu’.
ARTIST: DOROTHY NAPURRURLA DICKSON
- Organically grown wild bamboo
- Loose fit
- Chest pocket
- Bamboo wood-look buttons
65% Bamboo Fiber 35% Cotton
Colour: NATIVE SEED
- Delivery within Australia is free for orders over AUD$100. Orders under $100 will incur a $9.95 shipping fee.
- Delivery is via Australia Post standard and is typically 1-4 working days. Regional areas outside of metro areas, Western Australia and more remote regions may take longer.
- All orders for delivery outside of Australia will incur a flat rate fee of $25 AUD.
- Delivery is via Registered Post International and typically take 3 -10 working days dependent on the destination.